Friday, February 22, 2008

Windsor updates

This boy is truly special. I feel so lucky to have him here. For a dog in the condition he is I am amazed at how eager he is for attention and how adaptable he is to our home environment. Windsor has several spots in our home for him to relax and adjust in. He has a quiet warm bathroom with a travel crate that has quite to soft bed in it. He loves this! He willingly goes into his crate and I close the door and within a short time hear him snoring away. What a comforting noise this is as I know he is comfortable and peaceful. The other spot is in a large open wire crate in our kitchn. This is where the video was taken. Here is where there is more action and the other animals walk by and they all are becoming familiar. I have done no face to face intros other then through the crate. He has shown absolutely no aggression towards the cats or other dogs. He sniffs, turns away and today yawned several times. He even eats with everyone around. All of this is great and indicates his comfort level increasing in our home. I am so pleased. Today he ate a good breakfast and that was great to see. Time in the kitchen is short and limited so as not to overdue things for him as he adjusts. He did take the opportunity to hop up onto my leather chair last night as I watched tv. Smart boy! He has his eye on our couch every time we walk by it. All in good time my boy! Anyway, he continues to thrive and has had no accidents which is always a plus! Video and photo updates coming later today! Stay tuned!

No comments: